Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I don't know if i should be scared for these kids or of these kids




I went to Cinema Slapdown's viewing of JESUS CAMP a film by Heidi Ewing & Rachael Grady. It was held in our 1104 building, Thursday, March 11, 2010. it was such a breezy drizzly night. i got there early just in case it got packed. I was accompanied by my cousin, which i thought was a very bad idea of mine to bring her BUT in the end ended up being really good. we quickly ran for seats as soon as doors opened. while we watched other people come in, church music was playing in the background and i right away knew i might be uninterested. the film started a bit after 7:30pm and by that time the whole room was packed!!











this film was mainly to me about trying to bring back religion to the world. trying to make it all about GOD and the only way these people were doing it was through kids. Kids was the answer to them. they believed that children where gonna save the world from evil if they started "saving" them now. these kids are being home schooled by parents who tell them that science doesn't exist and that evolution doesn't exist. these kids are KIDS!! kids preaching at the age of nine. I'm not saying religion is bad, i just simply think that the Holy Spirit and abortion is too much for a six year old to handle.













I'm really happy i got to see this film. as soon as i seen the first scene where the kids had the Holy Spirit in them and how they spoke in tongues i right away knew this was going to be good. the first think that popped in my head were the flashbacks of my Grandmother's Pentecostal church. every time i went with her i knew i was in for a ride. i would sit and watch all the people and wonder if it was really the Holy Spirit of if they were faking it. i would watch people faint, people scream and cry and i all i did was watch. I'm really glad my cousin came with me in the end because as soon as we saw that scene we quickly turned to each other and said "grandma's chucrh!!." i was so even more speechless when i saw that there was a camp.


i think i related to the film more than i expected. i actually when to "church camp" for three summers, but i definitely know it wasn't as deep and scary as JESUS CAMP. yes it was a christian church camp but we had recreational activities and bible study every once in awhile. at night after dinner we had worship time and it wasn't as emotional as the kids in the movie were. i think we cried cuz we were homesick. (well at least i did) hahaha. i don't regret church camp. it was so much fun. i had a wonderful experience and I'm really glad my cousin went so that way when i tell my grandma my experience, she won't think I'm lying :)





ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment